01 August 2010

Hot Sulphur Springs

We had SO MUCH FUN at the Hot Sulphur Springs!  There were 23 pools there, some of them reaching temps as high as 114.  The tubs were nestled on the hillside and the whole area was a "Quiet Zone" so it was really peaceful.  If you ever get a chance to go here, don't miss it!

We parked the trikes in front and went in to the lodge.
The first pool we got into was inside and was only about 80 degrees.
The next pool was hotter, probably in the 90's.  I'm not telling you what he did to make me laugh so hard in this picture.  teehee


I just love this one of Ken.
This one too.  We laughed a lot here.  Just looking at the pics again as I blog this is making me laugh again.
We also relaxed a lot.  The hot water and natural minerals in them gave our aching muscles a relief they had craved for a long, long time.


Smoochie time.  :)
The next one was small but pretty hot at 109.
Yep, pretty hot...  lol
Until you get used to it, that is. 
Then it just feels great..  ahhhh...

The next one was the best.  The water coming off this waterfall was Super Hot, around 114 I think.  The water in the pool itself wasn't as hot, but still pretty darn warm, and quite a contrast to other waterfalls I've stood under before.  They were always cold!



We had such a great time here.  I am soo glad we went!!
The happiest feet of all.
Indeed.
The sun was setting as we made our way back to the campsite.  Which was about 200 yards away.
A gorgeous ending to a full and wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment